The privacy and security of your personal information are important to us and we will ensure that we keep your data safe and private.
Below we explain who we are, how we collect, use and share information about you, along with the rights that you have with respect to that information.
Who we are
The General & Medical Foundation (‘G&M’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) registered in England and Wales with the registration number 1180523. Registered address: General & Medical House, Napier Place, Peterborough, PE2 6XN.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number ZA536300.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When you provide your details during telephone calls, which may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes, via live online chat, via email, or via any other appropriate channel of communication
- You use an online form to apply for a grant
- When you make a donation to us
- When you take part in fundraising events
- When you participate in competitions and campaigns via our social media
- Feedback forms and surveys
We also may collect your personal information from third parties, such as:
- Medical professionals and hospitals
- Your family members
Information we process
We may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- Basic personal data such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, gender
- Photos or films of event participants
- Financial information such as bank details
- IP address
We may require copies of the following documents:
- Company name
- Company registration number
- Incorporation certificate
We may also collect sensitive personal data about you such as details about your health.
Where this is required, we will only collect it with your full explicit consent. The consent may be withdrawn at any time, but this may mean that we will be unable to provide certain products and services or fulfil our contractual obligation.
Children’s personal data
When we refer to a child we mean anyone under the age of 18. We will only collect and process children’s data if we have consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information about others
We may collect information about third parties such as your family members.
If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
How we use information
We use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide you with the products, services and information you have requested;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- Comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your personal data to keep you informed about relevant products and services where you have expressed interest in them and only where we have appropriate legitimate interests.
We may share your personal information and certain information about your cover with us within the General & Medical group and the following organisations:
- Insurance underwriters
- Your broker or agent if you have appointed an insurance broker or financial adviser (although no medical information will be provided without your consent)
- Your employer if you are a member under your employer’s group scheme
- Third parties who provide services covered under your insurance policy such as the provider of the GP advice line
- Healthcare professionals, hospitals, clinics and other healthcare providers which provide your treatment
- Other third parties who assist us in the administration of your cover or any associated products or services such as IT providers, marketing agencies
- To your family member or a relative or any third party that you have nominated to speak to us on your behalf (we will only do this if we get your consent first)
- Credit reference agencies
- Regulators and authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office, Financial Ombudsman Service, Guernsey Financial Services Commission and The Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
We may use your personal information to contact you to keep you informed about our products, services and offers that may be relevant to you. This is called Marketing communications. We decide what might be relevant to you based on what information you have requested from us previously. We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest to both you and us. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you are given an option to opt-out in every marketing communication sent to you. You can also contact us by phone, email or post.
You may request access to a copy of your personal data we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
You may request to correct any inaccurate data we hold about you, providing it can be proved to be inaccurate.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing your personal data or to object to processing. However, we reserve the right to reject this request, if there is a contractual or legal reason for us to keep or process your data.
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to send your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Find out more how to report a concern at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you have any questions or concerns about how we collect and use your data please contact us at email@example.com or write to: Compliance, General & Medical Finance Ltd, General & Medical House, Napier Place, Peterborough, PE2 6XN.
How long we keep records for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation and in order to comply with our legal obligations.
How to contact us
General & Medical House
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lend a helping hand
We are always looking for people to support the work we do. If you would like to get involved then get in touch, or simply donate online here!